Friday, August 27, 2010

Sprung With Passion - Article on PFOSS




Sprung with passion 

 

How Pocket Full of Sunshine`s attitude impacted 

their season and the rest of Roundball

    Pocket Full Of Sunshine – Early on in the season the P.F.O.S. were just an elite group of older teens led by Gurmeet Paur, who were like any other group of teens trying to do new things in life and have fun with it and try to ride it out good or bad. At the beginning of Roundball’s first men’s season these teens looked like they had the skills to compete with older and younger men. They basically had everything a team would want, quickness, size, passing, and most of all talent to compete at a men`s basketball league at such a young age.
  Actually when I first saw P.F.O.S. compete I thought starting pg/sg Parm Matham was John Wall for a second but then I looked at their height and found out that I was definitely wrong with my predication, but as the season started to progress P.F.O.S. really didn’t achieve their goals as young Roundball players, well I mean they weren’t winning games, I was even rooting for them win or lose while I took their stats down.

   The main focus is that these gentlemen never gave up no matter what the circumstances were even if they lost by 50 they were there the next week ready to compete on a high level of basketball, until the final week of Roundball showed up, P.F.O.S. showed up as usual and were fully determined to get that win, and finally they did get that win, me and many other people were very much happy for this young group of men. They didn’t do it on their own they also had help from Jordan & Jamie Bains`s father Charm Bains, who guided and coached the team with confidence & determination regardless of how many points were put on the board.

To be honest I’ve never seen such a talented group of teens never whine about any small or big thing even when others would complain about game related issues, this elite group of teens never argued or did bad stuff but rather they kept their mouth shut and played the game they loved with passion. This group of teens achieves the highest honour of respect from me and many others out there because they had determination like no other, even though they had only won 1 game they are champions in my books.

- Jeremy Fernando

No comments:

Post a Comment